The Pacific Forest and Watershed Lands Stewardship Council (Stewardship Council) is currently evaluating enhancement projects on the PG&E Watershed Lands.
This competitive solicitation for the Enhancement Program Concept Proposals ended September 15, 2017 and applicants will be notified of next steps starting December 1. The Stewardship Council anticipates awarding up to approximately $2.4 million in grants through this 2017 process. Thanks to the many applicants who submitted Concept Proposals, we have many ideas for projects that would enhance the Beneficial Public Values (BPVs) of outdoor recreation, sustainable forestry, agriculture, natural resources, open space, or cultural and historic resources to evaluate.
Application materials are available for download below.
Concept Proposal Guidelines
Concept Proposal Application (Microsoft Word Format)
Frequently Asked Questions
Full Proposal Guidelines
Eligible Applicants – Eligible Applicants include nonprofit organizations, federal and state recognized tribes, or public agencies.
Types of Eligible Projects - Grants will only be awarded for eligible projects that fall under one or more of the categories described below, with most funding likely being awarded for restoration and improvement projects.
• Restoration: Restoration projects must implement physical alterations to the land. Examples of restoration projects may include meadow restoration, riparian habitat restoration, revegetation, and fuels treatments.
• Improvement: Improvement projects must implement physical alterations to the land. Examples of improvement projects may include the development of new or additional trails, day use areas, onsite structure improvements, and noxious weed treatments.
• Protection: Protection projects such as background studies, resource surveys and management plans that direct the majority of funding toward implementation of physical enhancements to the land. Examples of protection projects include installing fencing, berms, boulders, vehicle barriers, and signage.
Project Selection Considerations - The Stewardship Council Enhancement Program is a competitive program and grants are recommended by an Enhancement Review Committee (ERC) comprised of Stewardship Council board members and outside experts. The Stewardship Council seeks proposals that clearly identify and meet needs, deliver high quality projects, and overall address many of following seven considerations:
• Contribution to preservation or enhancement of one or more of the six BPVs
• Capacity and demonstrated ability of project sponsor to implement and champion the project
• Feasibility of timely implementation of the proposed project
• Provides significant and meaningful conservation and stewardship opportunities for youth, engages youth and other organizations such as conservation corps, and other partners to implement conservation projects
• Leveraging of significant funding from other sources, including Sierra Nevada Conservancy, California Department of Fish and Wildlife Prop 1 funding, and other funders
• Proven support from stakeholders
• Geographical distribution of enhancement funding across the PG&E Watershed Lands
Stewardship Council staff is excited to provide this opportunity. If you have any questions please contact Steve Schweigerdt at email@example.com or (916) 277-0700.